CfA: Gender Dialogues – Interdisciplinary Forum for Young Scholars
Although feminist, gender, and queer approaches are a strong current in the humanities, they seem scattered. And especially as a doctoral student, you sometimes feel like a lone wolf. We want to provide an opportunity for young scholars from different departments to discuss their own challenges, to develop their perspectives and to inspire each other on a regular basis.
The interdisciplinary forum „Gender Dialogues“ emerged from two conferences organized by the Center for Gender Studies (Charles University Prague). It is aimed at PhD students from different disciplines who apply feminist, gender and queer-specific approaches in their dissertation project, especially from the fields of literary and theatre studies, philosophy, aesthetics, art history, musicology, linguistics, translation studies, history, anthropology and media studies. Scholars from art schools are also strongly encouraged to attend.
- Discussion of theoretical and methodological challenges
- Creating space for sharing tools, ideas and experiences
- Inspiration through new (interdisciplinary) perspectives
- Further development of the own dissertation project
- Input from external experts
- International networking opportunities
- Exchange at doctoral level in a „safe space“
- Self-reflection of one’s own research personality
- Workshops and meetings on a regular basis
The first meeting will be held on 23.02.2023 at 4 p.m. via Zoom. As an international platform, we will hold our meetings mainly online. Interested candidates are asked to apply with a short abstract of the PhD project and a brief biography by 31.01.2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact and further information
Magdalena Eriksröd-Burger, M.A. M.Sc. (Slavic Art and Cultural Studies, University of Bamberg): email@example.com
Mgr. Nikola Bečanová (Department of Czech and Comparative Literature, Faculty of Arts, Charles University): firstname.lastname@example.org